Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

We had to go opening weekend for "New Moon". I think I was more excited than my daughter who by the way got me started reading the novels by Stephanie Meyer. I don't know if I liked "New Moon" better than "Twilight" or not. With the first film, everything was brand new and exciting and when you have any movie after the original it takes a little away from the first film. It was the same with "The Lord of the Rings" movies. At least I didn't have my husband sitting next to me throughout the movie saying "that wasn't in the book" like he did with LOTR. I loved the werewolves, they were incredible. They weren't all gross like the wolves in other movies, although Martha Stewart said on her show this morning that they looked a little "mangy". I don't think I spelled that correctly but who cares. Of course, she had a private screening and I had to sit in an auditorium full of tween aged girls. Everyone just gasp the first time you see Jacob without his shirt on. Worth the price of admission right there. All the pack looked great. I am not loving Bella right now because she treated Jacob so bad but I know that had to be done.
If you like werewolves I would recommend "An American Werewolf in London" and the "Underworld" movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment